Regular attendance is really important, as children who attend school regularly are more likely to achieve good results and reach their full potential, and this helps give them the best possible start in life.
Research shows us that children who are frequently absent from school, without good reason, are 12 times more likely to leave school without any qualifications, are more likely to break the law and more likely to be victims of crime.
Westbourne Academy strongly encourages all parents and carers to:
- Send your children to school on time every day
- Take holidays only during school holidays
- Always phone if your child is too ill to go to school (01473 466145)
- If your child wakes up feeling unwell the give appropriate medication and see if they are well enough to come to school later on - avoid a full day of absence
- If you arrange medical or dental appointments, insist on either out-of-hours appointments or beginning/end of the day so your child can be in school for at least part of the day
- Talk to the your child's House Pastoral Lead or our Attendance Manager if you or your child have problems or worries that relate to school
In the event of your child’s sudden absence from school, please let us know by calling our Attendance office direct on 01473 466145. Please call before 8.10am where possible stating your child’s full name, form and reason for absence.
You can download the academy's attendance policy from the Parent/Policies page of the website.