Safer Internet Day 2021
Tuesday 9 February 2021 marks safer internet day. Celebrated globally and coordinated in the UK by the UK Safer Internet Centre, Safer Internet Day is a great opportunity to talk to your family and friends about the safe, responsible and positive use of technology, and to pledge how you will help to create a kinder and better online community.
Along with thousands of schools, colleges and other organisations, we will be taking part throughout the week with year group assemblies delivered on Teams by Mr Burrows.
The theme this year surrounds fake news. In the assemblies, we will be asking students to consider the following:
- where do you get your news from?
- where is the most trustworthy content of news from?
- examples of news – is it real or is it fake?
- discussions about fake news – what if we believed news that was fake?
- examples of news that we are told is the truth – ie Trump killing Covid with a disinfectant injection