Emailed to parents and carers of Y10 and Y11 Drama classes on 15/01/24
GCSE Drama Theatre Visit
Wed 6 March 2024 (‘The Woman in Black’)
As a vital part of your child’s GCSE Drama Written Exam, we have arranged a theatre trip to see a production of ‘The Woman in Black’ at The Regent Theatre, Ipswich. The visit will take place on the above date and a contribution of £26.25 is payable, which includes the price of the ticket and return transport by coach to the theatre.
Our itinerary is below:
Up to P4 As normal. Students to buy food and drink at break or start of lunch.
13:20 Students to report to Main Hall during lunchtime
13:45 Depart school by coach for Ipswich Regent
14:30 Show starts
16:30 Show ends, board coach for return journey to school
16:45 Arrival back at school subject to prevailing traffic
Students dismissed (to walk home or be collected as required)
Please also note the following:
- students will need to wear their full academy uniform on the day
- students are allowed to bring their mobile phones for the journey, to take photos and keep in contact with parents about our return time, however, any personal effects or valuables brought on the day remain the responsibility of students if they are lost, stolen or damaged
- students will need to bring appropriate and sufficient non-fizzy drinks and snacks for the duration of the trip/journey especially as we are leaving before lunch and returning late
- students can bring a small amount of spending money if they wish to buy merchandise, a programme orsnacks at the theatre
- students who have asthma inhalers (or other medication) will need to ensure they have these with them on the day – please state this on the MS Form
Visits such as this play an important part in the learning of our students and we understand the financial demands placed on parents resulting from our school activities. The academy has subsidised some of the cost of this trip before seeking a parental contribution of £26.25. Please note, should we receive insufficient interest or contributions to make this trip financially viable, it will be cancelled.
Payment should please be made through School Money online by Friday 16 February 2024 – it will appear shortly if it isn’t there already. We cannot accept cash or cheque payments in school. Please do not add payment to your child’s lunch money account, it cannot be transferred to pay for other items.
We will be carrying a first aid kit and at least one member of staff accompanying the visit is a qualified first aider.
This visit is fully covered by the academy’s insurance policy (Department for Education). As we are travelling back in the early evening, we are happy for students to bring a mobile phone with them on the trip in order to communicate with parents and take photos on the way. As always, personal possessions and valuables are not covered by our insurance and are brought at the owner’s risk.
To give consent for your child to attend this trip please look out for a separate email from Evolve, our trip management system.
If you have any further questions with regard to the trip, please do not hesitate to contact me at school.
Mr P Webster
Drama Team Leader
Tel 01473 466124
Academy vision: Westbourne is an inclusive academy. We support all students, regardless of starting point, to achieve their potential and develop the skills necessary for employment and life.
Academy values: Be Safe, Be Thoughtful, Be Accountable and Be Respectful.
Complaints to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Exam queries to: email@example.com
School Money and data information queries to: firstname.lastname@example.org