Emailed to parents and carers 4/10/21
Eligibility Reminder for Free School Meals
Whilst our routines in the academy have moved towards normality, Covid has caused some lasting consequences therefore we thought it timely to remind everyone about applying for free school meals.
Your child is eligible for free school meals if you receive any of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit but no element of Working Tax Credit and have an annual income (as assessed by HM Revenues & Customs) that does not exceed £16,190
- If you are supported under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Working Tax Credit during the four-week period immediately after your employment finishes or after you start to work fewer hours per week
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400 (£616.67 per month), as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods).
It is simple and easy to apply using the online form. The link is below. You will receive an answer immediately on line and then Suffolk County Council will inform the academy.
Each student entitled to free school meals has £2.35 added to their school dinner account daily. This amount covers the cost of a hot meal.
If your child is eligible for and has been registered to receive free school meals between 1 April 2018 and the end of the rollout of Universal Credits (currently expected to be until at least March 2022), they will remain eligible until they finish secondary school. This is regardless of any change to your circumstances.
If you are unsure whether your child is eligible for free school meals please apply, it is the only way to find out. The website also contains helpful information if your application is unsuccessful.
Mr Mark Bouckley
General queries to: email@example.com or 01473 742315
Attendance or absence queries to: firstname.lastname@example.org or 01473 466145
Free School Meals and Covid-19 related queries to: email@example.com or 01473 466148
School Money and data information queries to: firstname.lastname@example.org or 01473 466115
VISION & VALUES: Westbourne is an inclusive academy. We support all students, regardless of starting point, to achieve their potential and develop the skills necessary for employment and life.